Shibboleth Developer's Meeting, 2019-04-05
09:00 Central US / 10:00 Eastern US / 15:00 UK / 17:00 FI
Calls are normally the 1st and 3rd Fridays of each month. Next call would be Friday 2019-04-19. Any reason to deviate from this?
60 to 90 minute call window.
This week's call will use the ZoomGU for access info.system at GU, see
Add items for discussion here
- (Rod) Nightly CI builds, If we cannot achieve "all green" can we at least cut down false positives? (see also Tom's questions)
- 3.4 patch
- OpenSAML and IdP patch release so far includes:
- Some IDP deprecation logging, etc
- - OSJ-265Getting issue details... STATUS
- - OSJ-270Getting issue details... STATUS
- - OSJ-271Getting issue details... STATUS
OSJ-269Getting issue details...
- Daniel, status? Looks like not quite done yet?
- Anything else?
- More IdP deprecation log warnings. Jira TBD (Rod).
- Removal of xml-apis dep from IdP. Jira TBD (Tom).
- GEANT OIDC plugin 1.0 released on Tuesday
- OpenID Certification planned in April/May
- Started working with Phil on uniform/coherent OIDC metadata handling for both OP role and RP flow
- Java 11 parent project now enforcing Maven 3.5.3 for builds.
- Java 8 builds and views removed from Jenkins.
OSJ-274Getting issue details...
- 5yo Hibernate uses 14yo dom4j uses prehistoric xml-apis.
- Couple of options for solution to the Eclipse (and potentially, later, compilation) issue:
- (maybe) update hibernate?
- (tested) exclude the
- Wider issue: this ancient stuff is shipped with the IdP: dom4j-1.6.1.jar, xml-apis-1.0.b2.jar
- May well stop both v3 and v4 building and potentially running under Java 13, or even earlier releases such as Java 11 if they backport the fix.
- Very little to almost zero over the past few weeks. Making up days today and next week. Started to write down something on the IDP-1191, nothing of great interest at the moment: IdP Session Tracking, Session Fixation, and XSRF Testing
- Deprecations, deprecations, deprecations
- Old style RP support and the installer (but need to get installer working first)
IDP-1429Getting issue details...
Need to choose caseSensitive
- RegexSplit atribute definition
- ValueMap in Mapped attribute definition
- StringMatcher attribute filter
- Nominally done with time conversion
- Eliminated "configurable" formatting of DateTime data in XML
- Formatting of Instants – always install a time zone ID into formatter
- - IDP-1430Getting issue details... STATUS
IDP-1434Getting issue details...
- Working on a branch I'll push for review "sometime", not close to a real proposal yet
- Roadmap IAM Online next Wed 2 EDT
- Collection of broken things
- java-identity-provider-v4-nightly-site "Too many open files" : jenkins needs ulimit > 8192 ???
- Windows CI tests classpath issues with Java 11