Welcome to the Shibboleth 1.x Wiki, a community-maintained repository for deployment, configuration, and production information.
The Shibboleth team transitioned Shibboleth v1.3 from Previous Stable release to the Earlier / Unsupported category on June 30, 2010.
See also http://shibboleth.internet2.edu/
We strongly recommend that sites new to Shibboleth deploy the current 2.x version, and that sites currently running v1.3 upgrade to v2.x ASAP. Information about features available in the new release can be found on the Shibboleth website. Visit the Shibboleth 2 Wiki for information about Shibboleth 2.x.
Installation and Configuration Resources
- Installing Shibboleth - Instructions on how to download, install, or build Shibboleth
- Configuring Shibboleth - Directions on how to configure Shibboleth components
- Understanding Shibboleth - Documentation discussing what Shibboleth is and details about specific features
- Configuration How-To's - Step-by-step How-To's for common configuration goals
- Common Errors - Common errors people hit and how to solve them
- Related Reading - Additional reading regarding Shibboleth, installing, and configuring it
- Demonstration Sites - Links to interactive demos of Shibboleth's architecture and the user experience
- Federations - Information about identity federation built with Shibboleth
- Contributions - Community contributed extensions
- Shibboleth Enabled Applications and Services
- Mailing Lists - Information regarding the Shibboleth users' mailing list
- Source Code Access - Information on viewing and retrieving the source code
- Bugzilla - Bug tracking tool
- Development Guides - Guides for developing Shibboleth components
- OpenSAML - Underlying XML and SAML Processing Libraries
- TechnicalSpecs - Specifications, profiles, and related standards that underlie Shibboleth
- Project Planning - Future development goals, feature requests, and projects that could benefit from assistance