The Shibboleth Consortium is the main vehicle for managing the funding and formal community input for the Shibboleth Project, the open source project responsible for the technical output of the Consortium.
Most of this (public) material is of an older nature and is available in varying forms at https://www.shibboleth.net/
If Shibboleth doesn't do all that you need it to do, chances are that it's because of the limited resources the project has to continue its work.
Like all open source projects, Shibboleth can only operate so long as adequate funding is available from the thousands of organizations using the software for free. If you're one of those organizations, please consider joining the Consortium and funding the project.
For more information about the work of the Shibboleth Consortium, please see the public documents:
- Programme Plan - full details of the planning stages for the Consortium.
- Consultation Review (PDF) - a Consortium Analysis of the Shibboleth Futures consultation.
- Review of Software Foundations (PDF) - A review of existing software foundations and recommendations on the shape of a phase 2 Shibboleth.
- Annex A (PDF) - Software Foundation Review summary.
- Fee Model Consultation - Information about proposed fee models for the Shibboleth Consortium.
- Expressions of Interest, Shibboleth Consortium Administrative Home
If you have comments on these documents, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This area is for current members of the Shibboleth Consortium only.