A serious error was discovered in the implementation of this feature, as disclosed in an advisory. The
ignoreCase attriute was implemented in reverse by mistake, and so the default value of "true" actually causes case-sensitive matching, generally not the intended result. Pending the release of V2.6.0 in the summer of 2016, most deployers will want to include
ignoreCase="false" when using this feature, along with a comment to revisit it once 2.6.0 is released, at which time a new setting with the proper implementation will be provided.
<PathRegex> element is used to apply content rules to requests whose path matches a regular expression. The query string, if any, is NOT included in the comparison.
Regular expressions apply to the remainder of the path that is being compared and do not "nest", so if you care what's after the part you're matching, then choose your expression to check for that.
- Required attribute, specifies the regular expression to match against.
ignoreCase(boolean) (defaults to true)
- Controls case option in regex engine. Per the warning above, the default of "true" was mistakenly implemented to mean "don't ignore case", so this setting should almost always be set to "false". A replacement setting will be provided in a subsequent release.
XML attributes corresponding to request mapper properties are used.
- Attaches a custom access control policy supported by a plugin.
- Attaches an access control policy using the sample XML-based plugin provided with the SP. This is just a short-hand for embedding the policy in the element above, if you want the policy inside the same file.
If no element is included (or inherited or implicitly enabled), any access control is left to the resource.
If an error occurs when processing this element, a dummy policy to deny access is installed to prevent accidental exposure.
Nested Content Specifiers
<Query>(zero or more)
- Matches requests containing a query string parameter satisfying the element.
For more details on how the request mapping process works, see the request mapper HOWTO.