Regular Expression Based Split Attribute Definition
This attribute definition creates its individual values by splitting an existing source attribute's values using a regular expression.
1. Create the Definition
The definition is created with the element
<resolver:AttributeDefinition xsi:type="RegexSplit" xmlns="urn:mace:shibboleth:2.0:resolver:ad"> with the following required attributes:
- id: A unique identifier used within the IdP's resolver and filter to reference this definition.
- regex: A Java 5 regular expression used to split the value(s) of the source attribute. The first match group is used as the value for this attribute.
and an optional attribute:
- caseSensitive: A boolean flag that indicates whether the regular expression is case sensitive. Defaults to
- sourceAttributeID: The ID of an attribute to split with the regular expression. (default value: ID of this attribute)
- dependencyOnly: A boolean flag that indicates the attribute produced by this definition is used only by other resolver components and should never be released from the resolver. Defaults to
2. Define Dependencies
You must express, as a dependency, the attribute definition or data connector that produces the source attribute. Dependencies are declared using a
<resolver:Dependency> with a
ref attribute whose value is the unique ID of the dependent attribute definition or the data connector.