The Shibboleth !IdP has been successfully used in most Tomcat and Sun JDK environments, but have varying degrees of functionality when run with other servlet containers and other Java libraries. The C++ SP has been successfully built in a number of environments as well.
Java Runtime Environments
- FreeBSD Native JDK: Shibboleth 1.2.1 has been tested successfully with this JDK.
- IBM JDK 1.4:
- Blackdown 1.4:
- Sun x86-64 JDK: Shibboleth 1.3 has been been successfully run on Sun's x86-64 Linux JDK 1.5.
- Tomcat Stand Alone: Tomcat without Apache HTTPD and mod_ssl.
- JBoss: Opensource J2EE Application Server produced by the JBoss Group
- Apache Geronimo: Apache's J2EE Application Server
- IBM WebSphere
- BEA Weblogic
- Sun Application Server
- SuSE 10: http://www.lrz-muenchen.de/~hommel/shibboleth/shib13c_on_SuSE10.0.html
- SuSE SLES 9.3: https://aai-wiki.univie.ac.at/SuSE/RPMs
- Tru64SP: Building the SP on Tru64 results in RPC and other failures.