Java 13 will be released on 2019-09-17. It is not an LTS release and will be obsoleted at the release of Java 14 in March 2020.
Status: Rampdown Phase One
Page last updated: 2019-06-17, EA 25.
- 2019/06/13 Rampdown Phase One
- 2019/07/18 Rampdown Phase Two
- 2019/08/08 Initial Release Candidate
- 2019/08/22 Final Release Candidate
- 2019/09/17 General Availability
- Java 13 Early-Access Builds (note: OpenJDK builds only; no Oracle builds)
- Release notes
- Jave SE 13 Platform JSR 388
Selected Changes Targeted to Java 13
- JDK-8160247: Mark deprecated
forRemoval=true(implies removal in Java 14 or later)
- JDK-8206132: DOM parser does not honor
- JDK-8215608: Old Features Removed from
javadoctool. No more HTML4 API documentation.
- JDK-8221481: Reimplement the Legacy Socket API. What could possibly go wrong?
- JDK-8224767: New String constants for Canonical XML 1.1 URIs
- JEP 351: ZGC: Uncommit Unused Memory
- JEP 354: Switch Expressions (Preview)
- JEP 355: Text Blocks (Preview)