Shibboleth Developer's Meeting, 2019-10-04
09:00 Central US / 10:00 Eastern US / 15:00 UK / 17:00 FI
Calls are normally the 1st and 3rd Fridays of each month. Next call would be Friday 2019-10-18. Any reason to deviate from this?
60 to 90 minute call window.
This week's call will use the ZoomGU for access info.system at GU, see
- EDS (Rod)
- Yet another new format
- Icon sizes
- Reflect back preferred languages
- ldaptive migration (if Daniel's on)
- SP build process
- IdP build process : add (Phil ?) someone east/earlier of me (Tom)
IDP-1461Getting issue details...
- Doing a full end-end test of new velocity-spring library snapshot in the IdP
- Upgrading my test v3 IdP to v4 snapshot was "fun"
- Found a minor idp-conf bug in services-system.xml
- Need to address/cleanup some test helper class issues on test classpath for unit tests - see if can just use the public Spring mock stuff
- Otherwise close to done, will start coordinating with Velocity team on publicly hosting, releasing, etc.
- (aside) in our use of Velocity, should we be promoting/using Velocity Tools stuff?
- Not much time for development due to traveling and OIDC-plugin tutorial preparations
- Testing CSRF protection using FlowExecutionListener approach.
- As part of a Password and Duo MFA flow (CSRF FlowExecutionListener testing for MFA). Works fine.
- As part of some external authentication mechanism (CSRF FlowExecutionListener testing for External Authentication). Probably just want to exclude them, but there are some options.
- FailFast - IDP-1181Getting issue details... STATUS This may well be done now
- A slew of EDS RFE's. See agenda
- - SSPCPP-868Getting issue details... STATUS
- V4 Installer. Slow progress (other things keep on getting in the way)
- I'm using more and more ANT Tasks with java used purely for Orchestration. This is proven technology (and doesn't have unexpected side effects)
- I'm using Logback, but have no idea how to configure it.,,,
- Security issues
- - CPPXT-145Getting issue details... STATUS
- CentOS 8
- Brain is in SP land again so have been looking at small enhancements for a 3.1 release
- Not much IdP progress of late
- Not much to report
- More green lights in Jenkins from simple fixes
- V4 Installer : for Rod - is there / could there be a script Ant task for plugins/extensions ?