Shibboleth Developer's Meeting, 2018-07-06
10:00 Central US / 11:00 Eastern US / 16:00 UK
Calls are normally the 1st and 3rd Fridays of each month. Next call would be Friday <date>. Any reason to deviate from this?
60 to 90 minute call window.
This week's call will use the ZoomGU for access info.system at GU, see
- JEP 335: Nashorn is "terminally deprecated" (deprecated with intent to remove) in Java 11, but not yet removed.
- Someone may come forward to support it. If not, it will be removed in some release but not before Java 13 (2019-09). Nothing is yet scheduled.
- Velocity replacement / Freemarker
- Generic Functions (as per
- Unicon UI (Phil)
- Java 11:
- Now in "rampdown phase one": "The overall feature set is frozen. No further JEPs will be targeted to this release."
- Current release is 11-ea+21: can we get that in Jenkins please?
Lots of CAS protocol work. Highlights: IDP-701, IDP-644, IDP-1283, IDP-1265
- IdP Backlog
- Finalizing SP, mostly dealing with Debian/pkgconfig autoconf alignment
- Updated shibboleth.net to beta 3.0 Thu evening, just a handful of warnings in log afterward
- Still plowing through docs, but think it's time to just get on with it
- Noted issue with latest Eclipse – changes to test classpath handling, issue with exclusion of commons-logging in POMS
- Not much to report, work item is jetty-ssl
- Add Windows Installer version to JIRA to track issues for release ?