Shibboleth Developer's Meeting, 2018-03-16
10:00 Central US / 11:00 Eastern US / 15:00 UK
Calls are normally the 1st and 3rd Fridays of each month. Next call would be Friday 2018-04-06. Any reason to deviate from this?
60 to 90 minute call window.
This week's call will use the ZoomGU for access info.system at GU, see
Add items for discussion here
- SOAP client and artifact decoder work. Getting close to being able to test artifact flow with real SP.
- Java 8 / MDA
- Working on integrating Spring 5 but there are many unshaven yaks.
- Java 9
- Theoretically (as far as Oracle are concerned) dead when Java 10 goes GA. That's probably not true in practice.
- We should probably think about which versions we need to continue testing against.
- We have a fair number of unresolved things brought up originally in Java 9 which will need to be kicked down the road.
- One example: - JPAR-117Getting issue details... STATUS
- Java 10
- Java 11
- Causes another layer of failures, at least with the initial EA releases.
- Many Maven plugins will need updating again.
- - JPAR-110Getting issue details... STATUS
- Just over six months to GA.
- We can probably start doing tests for some projects soon, others will require fixing the dependency issues.
- Can we get an EA available in Jenkins, including for Windows?
SSPCPP-782Getting issue details...
SSPCPP-785Getting issue details...
SSPCPP-773Getting issue details...
(nearly there, maybe)
- - SSPCPP-775Getting issue details... STATUS , should be done imminently
- Additional Santuario changes made to support reuse of AES-GCM impl
- Not seeing much reason to push this out much ahead of our own release, in case more "improvements" needed
- - JPAR-101Getting issue details... STATUS looking good
IDP-1262Getting issue details...
<jetty.version>9.3.19.v20170502</jetty.version> Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/jetty/util/ssl/SslContextFactory
<jetty.version>9.3.20.v20170531</jetty.version> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/jetty/start/Main
<jetty.version>9.3.21.v20170918</jetty.version> Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/jetty/server/RequestLog, remove module=requestlog, 6s
- Jetty 9.4
- Maven 3.5.3 related cruft