Shibboleth Developer's Meeting, 2017-09-01
10:00 Central US / 11:00 Eastern US / 16:00 UK
Calls are normally the 1st and 3rd Fridays of each month. Next call would be Friday 2017-09-15. Any reason to deviate from this?
60 to 90 minute call window.
This week's call will use the ZoomGU for access info.system at GU, see
- Support desk – feedback?
Won't be able to make this meeting (travelling, short vacation, back on Monday).
Phase 1 of - JPAR-96Getting issue details... STATUS is mostly done, and consequent Jenkins changes seem to be fine as well. I think making some kind of announcement next week makes sense; I will circulate a draft.
Phase 2 will involve actually implementing new dependencies in the v8 parent and branching
spring-extensions for v8
. I'll look at that towards the end of next week. After that I need to review the code in those projects and in the MDA for Java 8 changes (I'm not going to think actively about Java 9 until I can get a RTM version of it on my development machines).
- SP Dependencies and code to Visual Studio 2017
- Working on fully automating dependency build.
- Given the Dll hell potential, are we sure VC15/VisualStudio2017 is the right call?
- Additional deprecation work
- Extended HTTP connector functionality
- Xerces 3.2.0 release
- Security issue in DTD handling received less than a day after
- Santuario cleanup
- Will require Xerces 3 (as will our code), not sure yet if it will outright require 3.2 but our packages will
- Will require latest Xalan, doesn't affect SP
- Will not require OpenSSL 1.1 but will support it
- Not sure what to do about WinCAPI, NSS, and XKMS code that I don't "support"
- Considering moving it to CMake to get feet wet
- Need to start thinking about what has to get done for IdP 3.4
- Logout work for sure
- Jetty 9.4
- Finish deprecation review