Shibboleth Developer's Meeting, 2015-10-16
10:00 Central US / 11:00 Eastern US / 16:00 UK
Calls are normally the 1st and 3rd Fridays of each month. Next call would be Friday 2015-11-06. Any reason to deviate from this?
60 to 90 minute call window.
This week's call will use the Lync system at OSU. To participate, call:
- +1 (614) 688-1800 (please use if possible)
- +1 (800) 678-6114 (use only if you're charged for the 614 number)
The Conference ID is: 738127#
International participants should be able to access the 800 number without charge through Skype.
Add items for discussion here
- resolution of the
- Tom will do some research and report to dev list before making changes
- Licensing of message files
- Scott will add CC license as header to messages/*
- SPNEGO (if any issues are identified by the call)
- IdP 3.2.0 release planning
Proposed IdP 3.2.0 release date : Wed 11 Nov 2015
Feature freeze : end of Friday 30 Oct 2015
Snapshot testing : first week of Nov 2015
- TIER / Board meeting update if there's time
- Working on outstanding issues for release:
- metadata indexing
- lingering TODO's with SOAP client
- OSJ-133: inefficient cleanup
- refactored to use delete and update JPA queries
- IDP-710: ldaptive 1.0.7 upgrade
- new AuthnEventIds type?
- IDP-274: DataConnector Validate interface
- start work next week
- IDP-224 status
- SLO "framework" complete? Definitely needs review with an eye toward SAML impl, but feeling good about it.
- Framework used to implement CAS client logout. Works well in testing in our dev environment.
- Screen capture showing logout user experience: https://daafa45803e508763e4e50b5ef1ad4d757f85fd0.googledrive.com/host/0Bw8LSvcVZrEvWXJOVlUxZ2hFajA/IdPv3-SLO.mov
- Lots of JS glue. Needs cross-platform browser testing.
- IDP-645, CAS SLO, completed assuming no framework changes required in IDP-224
- IDP-701, CAS metadata, looking unlikely.
Fighting Kerberos (and losing).
- Persistent ID fix, new docs written up - migration issue is getting primary key applied
- Notes from I2 ACAMP 2015 Cleveland
- OIDC "primer" ?
- OIDC work from UChicago/Unicon : towards end of year
- Testing IdP 3.2.0 : pinged some folks off-list asking if they could help test a snapshot/RC before the official release, all good responses. Hopefully at least one person will have the time to spend. It would also be good to have such help for future releases as well. Rather than building/tagging an RC (I've already botched that), my thought was to ask some folks to do the testing they would normally do on a new IdP release before the official release, rather than after. Once we schedule the release date, I assume we'll have a quiet/bug-fix week beforehand, during which folks can download snapshots. So, no changes to the release process, other than co-ordinating some scheduling with the willing+able.
- Marvin (VT) : smoke-testing
- Walter (Memphis) : smoke-testing
- David (Chicago) : probably busy, but consider for future
- Nate (I2) : installation
- IDP-812 : add fail-fast to app ctx initializer ?
- IDP-111 : checkstyling