Shibboleth Developer's Meeting, 2015-05-01
10:00 Central US / 11:00 Eastern US / 16:00 UK
Calls are normally the 1st and 3rd Fridays of each month. Next call would be Friday the 15th. Any reason to deviate from this?
60 to 90 minute call window.
This week's call will use the Lync system at OSU. To participate, call:
- +1 (614) 688-1800 (please use if possible)
- +1 (800) 678-6114 (use only if you're charged for the 614 number)
The Conference ID is: 738127#
International participants should be able to access the 800 number without charge through Skype.
- IDP-639 Do we want to spend the effort removing all non-user servicable items from the filesystem for embedded installs? Write up here
- CDS The UK are the only consumers. Do we want to spend the 3 Man weeks rewriting what we have?
Working on SOAP client. A couple of conceptual issues to work through. Hope to finish up soon.
Nothing to report. Gathering up and testing some auth documentation as I have time.
Nothing to report. Hopefully this month I can devote some dev cycles to CAS protocol features.
Nothing to report, other things happening in my life. Fixing bugs as I can.
Old server was just shut down, we have a couple of days if we need to have them put it back up for any data retrieval. Still dealing with the odd permission issue here or there.
Still fleshing out documentation as time permits.
- Added a HowTo page yesterday to start capturing topics that are cross-cutting and more use-case oriented.
- Added a new CONCEPT space a while back and started refactoring content from the SHIB2 space so that we can put cross-version material there.
- Revived an old page Chad had as an intro to Shibboleth as the home page.
- A big documentation priority is to start looking at developer help, esp. for login flows.
ECP content-type issue - might bite us in other areas, not sure if we should invest in some kind of hacky work-around?
Built a "final" EDS 1.1.0 RC package
Fixing the Kerberos login flow to check a service ticket - had it working in a dozen lines of new code, Java 8 competely blew that up and we clearly can't rely on the internal classes now. Only solution I see is JAAS + GSS with a self-contained client/server exchange.
Suggestion on list to standardize a Spring extension location on the classpath - is that workable?
Giving presentation on V3 to SWAMID 5/26 9am EDT, could use help in chat room answering questions.
- V2 parent POM and Jenkins : what exactly should I do ? I think we can ignore Java 8, but what about Maven plugins and -Pcentral-disabled ?
- As a follow-up to the last dev call, I don't see a way to configure projects in Eclipse to build with Java 8 while preventing the use of Java 8 APIs, bummer.
- More Jenkins job failures due to DNS or maybe HTTP issues on-box ?