Shibboleth Developer's Meeting, October 04, 2013
Dial-in attendee identification.
Next call is next Friday. Any reason not to meet ?
60 to 90 minute call window.
- Finished (mostly) the refactoring of existing metadata providers to new MetadataResolver API. Outstanding is providing support for Predicates and associated filtering Iterable in a way similar to the v2 CredentialResolvers.
- Worked on closing out a bunch of low-hanging-fruit issues for java-support.
- Worked on guts of abstract dynamic metadata resolver, going ok. Hope to have some working concrete implementation(s) soon. Will address some detailed technical issues on dev list.
- Added v2 support for ResultsCaching to the LDAP and RDBMS parsers.
- Mostly travelling/vacation.
- Refresh across the IdP's maven dependencies.
- Started playing with typing errors. Learnt so far:
- Do not start the learning process at the bottom of the dependency stack!
- Eclipse will find more errors than just -Xlink:unchecked.
- The use of AttributeValue vs AttributeValue<?> is a mess. This will require a wide ranging checkin when I get back from my travels.
Can the meeting get closure on Interfaces/BaseClass discussion, also which interfaces can now be renamed IdPXXXX ?
Stable IdPSession and ServiceSession interfaces
Working implementation of a SessionManager/SessionResolver based on StorageService, continuing to add unit tests. Built in option to limit impact of storage errors, and enable/disable service session tracking/indexing.
Not sure we need a single-node in-memory version just to make it faster for people running one server
- SAML2ServiceSession extension class and serializer
- How to manage cookie capture of session ID in the server-side storage case? Inside or outside SessionManager/Resolver?
- How to manage cookie-based StorageService? Maybe a Java filter?
- Complete some of the stubbed out session-related profile actions (depends somewhat on the previous two bullets)
- Probably want at least two other storage back-ends ideally, JDBC and memcache maybe?
Confluence 5.3 is out, so need to test that. It apparently supports user account renames now.
Need input from Daniel and Marvin, and Brent.
+ rename java-parent-project-v3 to java-parent-project
Need Brent's help with svn mechanics and advice.
+ idp front end
+ Rod : When you have time
IdPv2 issue and porting to v3, tests.
Annotate and clean up idp-attribute-*-spring.
Test contributed v3 attribute-filter.xml files.
+ Attribute -> IdPAttribute
+ AttributeDefinition, DataConnector, BaseResolverPlugin interfaces
+ Abstract* and Base* naming convention
Nexus upgrade - no luck with previous contact.
Jenkins : Ian, when do you have time again ? Later ?
Remove unsubscribe footer from mail lists ?
Remove /confluence from wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence ?
+ Tomcat7/8 dta-ssl contribution